Working with us
We're committed to our employees' experience. Besides a challenging, engaging workplace, we believe in giving back to our local communities, reducing our environmental footprint, and helping to put safer drivers on our roads. Here’s what you’ll find working at ICBC.
Our company values are at the heart of what we do:
- Our business is based on trust. We are honest, ethical, straightforward and fair.
Dedication to customers
- We exist to serve our customers. We listen actively and are responsive to their needs.
- We hold ourselves, and each other, accountable for our actions and the success of our business.
- We care about our customers' well-being and ensure they feel supported by treating them with dignity and respect.
- We care about each other's well-being and create an environment that promotes personal growth.
- We care about our communities by supporting road safety programs and being environmentally responsible.
Teammates passionate about diversity and inclusion
We welcome employees across the province to participate in diverse employee resource groups. Together, you can network to find ways ICBC can be a more inclusive environment for all kinds of people, and make a difference.
With one of our most active memberships, the LGBTQ2+ employee resource group supports the safe expression of gender identity and sexual orientation in the workplace and beyond.
This resource group is committed to helping ICBC employees balance work and family, and improving the experience of all parents who work here.
Our resource group for Indigenous employees hosts events for education and outreach, and works with the recruitment team to ensure ICBC is welcoming to First Nations and other Indigenous people in Canada.
Living with Disabilities
We have an employee resource group that works to build awareness and sensitivity among all ICBC employees to ensure those living with a visible/invisible disability are respected and included. Members are advocates for a number of disabilities, providing information and support for workplace accommodations.
British Columbia is a diverse province, and we believe ICBC benefits from an ethnically diverse workforce where everyone is included. This ERG is dedicated to ensuring colleagues of all cultures feel welcome.
We have an employee resource group whose mission is to support women in all levels at the company, and ensure they have the resources and encouragement to pursue leadership roles.
Lifelong learning opportunities
We want our employees to learn, grow and develop. We support personal and professional development in a number of ways, including short term assignments, project work, internal and external training and tuition aid.
Potential for advancement
With such a large and diverse work environment, there are many opportunities for advancement. Employees are encouraged to explore different jobs within the company to support continuous learning.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- extended health and dental insurance
- flexible time off
- group life insurance
- defined-benefit pension plan
- progressive wellness program
Work in beautiful B.C.
Our head office is located in North Vancouver, but career opportunities exist in all corners of the province.