ICBC announces reduced executive team
November 1, 2012
ICBC's Interim President and CEO Mark Blucher today announced a re-structuring of the company which has resulted in a reduced executive team.
Effective today, ICBC's executive is comprised of the following individuals:
- Mark Blucher, Interim President & CEO
- Steve Crombie, Vice President, Communications and Marketing
- Sheila Eddin, Vice President, Transformation
- Kellee Irwin, Vice President, Insurance and Driver Licensing (Acting)
- Brian Jarvis, Vice President, Claims (Acting)
- Kathy Parslow, Vice President, Corporate Services
- Andy Platten, Chief Information Officer
- Len Posyniak, Vice President, Human Resources
- Geri Prior, Chief Financial Officer
As a result, five members of the previous executive have left the company and two executive positions reporting to the CEO have been eliminated. In addition, four non-executive vice president roles have been eliminated.
When complete, this re-structuring will involve elimination of 250 positions overall, the majority of which are among the management ranks. These reductions go beyond the recommendations from the Government review of ICBC earlier this year and bring staffing below 2008 levels. The company is making these reductions earlier than planned with a majority of the reductions occurring in 2012.
The company will be working to finalize further organizational changes and will also align compensation policy with Government's new guidelines.
In these economic times, ICBC continues to focus on controlling costs and being financially stable, while keeping rates as low as possible and providing excellent customer service.