ICBC public consultation and engagement open houses start tonight in Vancouver
May 22, 2012
ICBC is holding its first public open house tonight on potential changes to the way it sets premiums for Basic insurance coverage.
The open houses are part of a province-wide consultation and engagement process to give British Columbians the opportunity to provide their input on options for a fairer Basic insurance system. Depending on customer feedback, about two-thirds of drivers could pay less than they do today and, about one-third of drivers could pay more.
ICBC will host public open houses in 12 regional centres across the province. Each session runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the following locations:
- Tuesday, May 22: Vancouver, SFU Vancouver Segal Graduate School of Business
- Wednesday, May 23: Kamloops, Hotel 540
- Thursday, May 24: Kelowna, Ramada Hotel & Conference Centre Kelowna
- Tuesday, May 29: Prince George, Ramada Hotel Downtown Prince George
- Wednesday, May 30: Fort St. John, Quality Inn Northern Grand Hotel
- Thursday, May 31: Surrey, Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
- Tuesday, June 5: Richmond, Executive Airport Plaza Hotel
- Wednesday, June 6: Abbotsford, Ramada Plaza & Conference Centre
- Tuesday, June 12: Prince Rupert, Crest Hotel
- Wednesday, June 13: Victoria, Hotel Grand Pacific
- Thursday, June 14: Nanaimo, Coast Bastion Inn
- Tuesday, June 19: Cranbrook, Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort
No pre-registration is required to attend the public open houses.
ICBC is inviting all British Columbians to provide feedback on the Basic vehicle insurance rating system through a variety of consultation and engagement opportunities including a discussion guide and feedback form, online feedback form, stakeholder meetings, public open houses, webinars, online forum and written submissions.