What Basic Autoplan doesn't cover
Basic Autoplan has restrictions. It is important that you understand them so that you don't jeopardize your coverage in the event of a crash.
When might we not cover you?
ICBC may not cover you under your Basic Autoplan if:
- Your vehicle is insured in the wrong rate class. Your insurance must describe exactly how you use your vehicle. It is important that you discuss the correct rate class with your broker, because being in the wrong rate class may jeopardize your coverage or make you personally responsible for any claims.
- Your driver’s licence has expired or you are driving against any restrictions.
- You are outside Canada or the U.S. (Remember to buy additional insurance when you travel.)
- You drive over the legal alcohol limit or under the influence of drugs.
- Someone drives your car without a valid driver’s licence.
- Your insurance claim does not represent what happened in the crash.
- The vehicle was used to cause damage on purpose.
- You crashed while avoiding the police.
There are further restrictions within specific Autoplan coverages. Make sure you understand these too: