Garage service operations
Are you in the business of repairing, servicing, storing/parking customers' cars, or selling cars? A policy insuring your garage operations provides coverages you need for your customers' vehicles while they're in your care, custody or control.*
To discuss your options or to purchase insurance, contact an ICBC Autoplan broker.
The most common businesses using this coverage are repair garages, service stations, body shops and auto dealers.
You'll need a Garage policy if you're in the business of
- towing or
- parking vehicles.
Many other kinds of businesses also need a Garage policy. Just a few examples include
- car radio repair shops
- auto glass shops
- car cleaning operations, and
- schools with automotive training facilities.
Your Garage policy can cover all the vehicles you need for your business.
It covers your customers' vehicles and your owned business vehicles. It can also cover dealer stock (vehicle inventory).
How are my premiums set?
Your policy is rated according to
- total number of plates purchased **
- total number of employees ***
- value of owned vehicles **
- value of non-owned vehicles ***
- type of business
- the coverage requested
- the territory where you are based
** Premium for owned vehicles only.
*** Premium for customers’ vehicles only.
* The customer’s vehicle insurance does not insure garage service operators while they operate (includes having care, custody or control) a customer’s vehicle in their business. Therefore, the individual/organization operating a customer’s vehicle may find themselves uninsured unless the policy insuring the garage operations is purchased.