Rock chips … a break-in … theft—a lot more can happen to a vehicle besides a crash. And the costs can really add up. Get extra protection with Comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive covers loss or damage to your vehicle (direct and accidental) that's not covered by Collision insurance. This includes
- theft, vandalism and malicious mischief
- “missiles” and falling or flying objects such as a rock or gravel hitting your windshield
- hitting a domestic or wild animal
- weather—lightning, windstorm, hail, rising water and fire
- civil commotion or riots
- the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment, upset or collision of a conveyance transporting your vehicle on land or water
If your vehicle is stolen, you get Loss of Use coverage, too.
- Tips to avoid Comprehensive claims »
Protect yourself and your vehicle—and keep more money in your pocket—by following these tips:
- Auto crime - Use an anti-theft device and remove items in your vehicle from sight. More tips.
- Animal collisions - Watch for highway warning signs. Slow down. Be extra cautious at dawn or dusk. More tips.
- Windshield damage - Always keep a safe distance behind vehicles. Let passing vehicles pass you quickly.
- Windshield repairs - Sometimes a windshield can be safely repaired instead of replaced. Windshield repairs aren’t covered by your insurance, but usually cost less than your deductible.
For more information, talk to your Autoplan broker.
- What’s not covered by Comprehensive? »
Comprehensive doesn’t cover
- the contents of a vehicle (except some contents of a motor home)
- mechanical fracture, failure or breakdown of any part of a vehicle
- rust, corrosion, wear and tear
- tires (unless stolen) *
- explosion within the combustion chamber *
*or unless the damage is caused by a reason listed above
Comprehensive can help restore your vehicle without too many dollars tumbling out of your wallet.
- Deductibles start at only $300.
- For windshield damage from rocks, gravel or other flying objects, you pay a $200 deductible.**
- Comprehensive claims don’t affect your discount level.
**if you buy Comprehensive coverage with the minimum $300 deductible
Find out more
To learn more about Comprenhensive, speak to an Autoplan broker.