Find a Service Location

​​Crashes with out-of-province vehicles 

If you’re in a crash with a vehicle that’s licenced outside of the province then more information is needed to start your claim.

Why are crashes with out-of-province vehicles different?

Out-of-province vehicles are not insured with ICBC, which means we don't have access to their insurance information. If you’re involved in a crash with an out-of-province vehicle, it’s important to collect the right information so that we can track down their insurance company for your claim. If you don’t provide enough information you will need to pay your deductible whether or not you are at fault.

What information should you collect when in a crash?

If you’re involved in an accident with an out-of-province vehicle please collect or take photos of:

  • The insurance company name, policy number, and phone number
  • Driver’s name, address, phone number, and licence number
  • Photos of the crash and scene
  • If the police attend, the police report number (where applicable)
  • The name and phone number of any witnesses

If you have collision coverage and you’re ready to report your claim, visit the report a claim page.