Book a road test
Ready to take your road test? For passenger vehicles (cars) and motorcycles, the earliest date is on your licence. There's no rush though—be sure to take the test when you feel ready.
Online booking for passenger vehicle and motorcycle road tests is available to those living in:
- Metro Vancouver
- Fraser Valley
- Prince George
Note: Online booking is not available for commercial road tests, motorcycle skills tests (MST) and re-exams requested by the Office of the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles (OSMV).
Book over the phone
Phone booking is available to everyone.
- Metro Vancouver: 604-661-2255
- Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Kelowna and Prince George: 1-888-715-7775
- Elsewhere in B.C.: call your nearest driver licensing office
Call centre hours:
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
Driver licensing office vary by location.
Lansdowne Centre mall driver licensing office now open
ICBC’s new Lansdowne Centre mall driver licensing office in Richmond is now open. Lansdowne Centre is located at 5300 No. 3 Road. The hours of operations are Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am – 5:30 pm, Sat. 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
If you have a road test appointment, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment and park in one of the designated ICBC road test parking spots.
We understand things come up. If you're going to cancel or rebook, please give 48 hours' notice to avoid a $25 cancellation fee.
When you come for your test, be sure to bring:
Please arrive about 15 minutes early. Also, print, fill in, and give this card (PDF) to your driver examiner. It'll help them to understand your needs and answer your questions before you start.
You need to bring a safe, reliable vehicle for your road test. If it isn't safe or doesn't meet legal requirements, we may have to cancel your test.
10 most common reasons a vehicle might not be accepted for a road test:
- Brake lights, signal lights or headlights not working or with badly cracked or missing lenses
- Cracked or illegally tinted windshield
- Horn not working
- Vehicle not properly licensed or insured
- Seatbelts not working or frayed
- Unsafe tires
- Doors or windows not operating
- Faulty exhaust
- Unsafe or illegal vehicle modifications
- Gas tank empty