Find a location

Modified collector vehicles

Image of a modified collector vehicle

If you have a vehicle registered as a 1958 model or older that has been modified, it may qualify for modified collector vehicle status. 

If your vehicle qualifies, you'll receive collector plates.

Applying for modified collector plates

Have a modified, collectible vehicle and want to just drive it occasionally? You might want to apply for modified vehicle collector plates.

[+] Minimum age and condition for modified collector vehicles

Application form

[+] Follow these steps to apply for licence plates

Insuring your modified collector vehicle

If your application is approved, here's what's next:

  1. You will be contacted by your Autoplan broker when your plates have arrived at your their office. 
  2. Go to the Autoplan broker's office to pick up your plates and insure your vehicle.

Note: If you live in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley, you must also pass an Air Care test.external link 

Driving for pleasure only

When you're using your modified collector vehicle, you can drive for pleasure only. That means you can't use it to drive to or from, or part way to work or to school. Doing so will affect your insurance.

Talk to your Autoplan broker for more details.

Questions and contact information

Vehicle registration support

Mailing address for applications

ICBC - Vehicle Registration Support
Room 235 - 151 West Esplanade
North Vancouver, BC  V7M 3H9

Facts & Tips

If you live in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley, your vehicle must pass an AirCareexternal link emissions test.