Special Occasion Support Kit
Are you hosting an event where alcohol will be served? You can help get your guests home safely by ordering a Special Occasion Support Kit.
Help prevent drinking and driving
Our Special Occasion Support Kit includes materials to help you prevent alcohol-related incidents at your event and improve crowd control.
By having a safe, fun and memorable event, you can help prevent impaired driving crashes.
Order your kit »
Each kit (perfect for 50-100 guests) comes with
- four posters (8.5" x 11")
- eight tent cards (poster look-alikes) for table tops
- two tent cards for a bar or registration table with non-alcoholic drink tickets for designated drivers, and
- tips and FAQs. (PDF)
Tips for hosts
For a safe, fun event …
- Apply for a special occasion licence from any BC Liquor Store outlet.
- Hire security as well as a certified Serving it Right bartender.
- Borrow a “Designated Driver” banner by calling ICBC at 604-982-4612 (Lower Mainland) or 250-729-3505 (elsewhere in B.C.).
At the event
- Cordon off the licensed area and have controlled entrances.
- ID anyone who looks under 19.
- Offer food, snacks and non-alcoholic drinks or mocktails.
- Remind your guests to designate a driver, or suggest they take a cab/transit or stay overnight.
- Reward designated drivers with free, non-alcoholic drinks.