Appointment-only visits to start at five ICBC offices November 23
November 16, 2020
Disclaimer: The information below is accurate as of November 16, 2020. For the most up-to-date information on ICBC's services during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit our COVID-19 updates page.
To continue to increase safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, ICBC customers will soon need to make an appointment before their visit to five ICBC driver licensing offices. This pilot project begins Nov. 23, 2020, at the Burnaby Metrotown, Richmond Lansdowne, Surrey Guildford, Kamloops and Victoria Wharf Street driver licensing offices.
The pilot will help minimize the number of customers waiting for service in-person, ensuring that the appropriate number of customers are in an office at the same time, while maintaining physical distancing as required by the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC.
To help customers transition to the changes during the pilot, these five locations will also designate time each day to serve walk-in customers.
Locations and walk-in times
Customers who are unable to book an appointment may visit their ICBC office at the following times:
- Burnaby Driver Licensing (Metrotown), 232 – 4820 Kingsway, Monday – Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Kamloops Driver Licensing, 937 Concordia Way, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Victoria Wharf St. Driver Licensing, 955 Wharf St., Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Richmond Driver Licensing (Lansdowne), 402-5300 No. 3 Road, Monday – Saturday from 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Surrey (Guildford), Unit C1A 15285-101st Ave, Monday – Saturday from 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All other times will be reserved for customers with appointments. See the locator for full details.
Booking an appointment
The easiest way to book is online at icbc.com/appointment. Customers may call 1-800-950-1498 if online access is not possible. Depending on appointment availability at the preferred location, customers may search for a same-day appointment or book one up to 12 weeks in advance. Customers will receive a confirmation email as well as two reminder emails with instructions ahead of the appointment.
Based on the results of the pilot, ICBC may consider making these changes permanent, expanding the pilot to other offices, or returning to taking walk-in customers and appointments, at all times.