Starting September 1, 2019 you will be asked to list those who drive your vehicle when you go to renew your insurance. To help you prepare for your visit to an Autoplan broker, use this tool to pre-list drivers and get an estimate.
B.C. driver’s licence number
date of birth
Did you get your renewal reminder?
To log in you’ll need an existing policy that’s within 44 days of renewal. If you’re outside this window and want to learn more about the changes visit the
ICBC insurance interactive tool.
Do you have a permanent B.C. driver’s licence?
If you don’t have a permanent B.C. driver’s licence please visit an Autoplan broker’s office to get an estimate.
Have you already renewed?
If you’ve renewed under the new model that takes effect September 1st, you can use this tool to estimate the impact of changing your listed drivers.
Get an estimate
This tool provides an estimate that’s based on your current coverages and information, so changes may apply when you go to renew your policy.
Our personalized estimate tool is only for people who are within 44 days of renewing their insurance. (A good sign that you're in this renewal window is if you've received your renewal reminder in the mail.) However, anyone can use our insurance education tool, which uses driver types to walk you though the new insurance model and give you a general idea of how adding drivers may impact your premiums.
Yes, although your listed drivers are saved, please bring the B.C. driver’s licence number and date of birth for each driver you plan to list.
Under the new model, at-fault crashes will follow the driver, not the vehicle owner. For example, if your friend causes a crash using your vehicle, the claim will count on their driving record, not yours. Listing those who drive your car helps to make sure they're accountable for the crash, and the risk involved in insuring your car is accurately assessed.
The majority (75%) of your Basic insurance premium will be based on the principal driver (the person who will drive the vehicle the most). Of the other listed drivers, the one with the highest level of risk will make up the remaining 25%.
For detailed information on listing drivers visit drivers, experience, and crash history.
Yes, you can still use the tool to estimate changes to your listed drivers; however, a saved estimate is only valid until the end of the current business day.
Please bring the driver’s licence and date of birth for each driver you are adding to your policy.
Yes –"household" refers to the homes of both the principal driver, and registered owner or lessee (if the vehicle is leased).
If a learner driver will be using your car, you should list them and a new additional premium will apply.
Was this information helpful?