Comprehensive Medical Assessment providers
As part of the Enhanced Care model, on May 1, 2021, ICBC introduced the new Comprehensive Medical Assessment (CMA) Program to support customers that face barriers to their recovery.
About the CMA Program
The CMA Program will provide ICBC with timely access to an objective assessment delivered by medical experts to inform ICBC decision-making about funding of treatment and benefits. This will mean customers can be supported with the benefits required to achieve recovery.
The CMA Program is aligned to the values of Enhanced Care, including evidence-based assessments, customer-centred services and function-based outcomes.
The CMA Program includes the following three services:
- Core assessment: Physician-led assessment that is supported by a functional assessment by an allied health provider.
- Mental health assessment: Mental health assessment, as required.
- Specialist assessment: Physician-led specialty assessment (e.g., neurology), as required.
Becoming a provider
ICBC establishes contracts with CMA providers through a formal procurement process every few years. To become a provider, you need to apply when the bidding process begins.
Please note: ICBC posts notifications on Bid Opportunities when contracts are up for bidding. All the information you need, including how to submit your bid, will be available in the posted documents.
Submitting reports and invoices
Please take note of the following guidelines:
In accordance with the Program Guide, CMA Reports and Scorecards for ICBC should be submitted via Canada Post's epost service to CMA.Services@icbc.com.
- Indicate the claim number and customer name in the file name of each CMA Report or Scorecard.
- Files must not be password protected. Emailed Dropbox links and zip files are not acceptable.
- No other documents are to be submitted to this email address, including invoice reconciliation lists
You can help further streamline the invoice payment process by signing up to participate in electronic funds transfer. Complete the Authorization for Direct Bank Deposit form and follow the instructions to submit your banking information.
If you are submitting an invoice that includes reimbursement for Interpreter Service expenses, you must also include the invoice provided to your company for these services.
Need more information?
We want to make sure you have all the information you need to work with ICBC as a CMA provider. If you have questions, please contact your assigned CMA Program Manager for help.