Driver licensing

Find a Service Location

Pay a traffic or red light ticket

ICBC collects traffic fines on behalf of the provincial government. If you have tickets, they must be paid before renewing your driver's licence or car insurance, unless they're in dispute.

Pay early to save

For most tickets, you can pay your ticket within 30 days to have it reduced by $25.

By phone

Have your driver's licence and credit card number ready when you call us. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

In person

Bring your ticket and payment to one of these locations:

We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express), debit, cash or money orders. 

By mail

Send the following:

  • a cheque or money order payable to the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, and

  • a photocopy of the front of the ticket, or a note with the following details:

    • the ticket number and date

    • your full name, address, driver's licence number and date of birth, and

    • the Act and Section number of the offence. (This information is written on the ticket.)

For traffic tickets, mail to:

Ticket Payment Processing 
PO Box 3505 
Victoria BC V8W 3N9

For red light tickets, mail to:

Ticket Payment Processing
Bag Service 6300 STN Terminal
Vancouver BC V6B 6G6

For security, don't send cash in the mail.

Not your ticket?

If you believe that a ticket appearing on your driving record belongs to someone else, you can apply to have it reviewed. Call us for more information.

Lost traffic tickets

If you've lost your ticket, call us. We can let you know if it's in our system. (If it's not, you'll have to contact your local police.)

Dispute a ticket

You can either dispute the ticket or the amount of the fine. Find out how to dispute a traffic or red light ticket.

Parking tickets and bridge tolls

ICBC doesn't collect parking tickets, municipal tickets or bridge tolls. Excessive debts to Translink, Port Mann, and/or Golden Ears, however, bridge tolls could prevent you from getting your driver's licence renewed.

To pay these tickets or for more information, contact your local municipality, parking authority, or Treo.

Transit fare evasion tickets

If you have a transit fare evasion ticket, it must be paid before renewing your driver's licence or Autoplan insurance.

For more information about your transit debt, contact ICBC account services:

  • 604-661-2723 in the Lower Mainland or

  • 1-800-665-6442 (toll free)