Service Alert
Postal dispute:
The ongoing labour dispute at Canada Post may cause minor delays in the delivery of ICBC-related mail. ICBC has plans in place to minimize disruption and to maintain a high level of customer service. Thanks for your patience.
Last updated Wednesday, Oct 31, 2018 04:39 PM

Driver licensing

Find a Service Location

Types of driver's licences

Get the type of licence that's right for you. Whether you're driving a bus, motorcycle or heavy trailer, here's how to get licenced.

Licence classes and types

Find out what type of licence you need to drive different vehicles in B.C.

Get your motorcycle licence

Whether you're a new or existing driver, here's how to get riding.

Get your commercial driver's licence

You need a Class 1, 2, 3 or 4 licence for driving vehicles such as buses taxis and trucks with more than two axles.

Towing a recreational trailer

Find out whether you need to upgrade your licence to tow a recreational trailer.

Air brake endorsements

Get an on-highway or off-highway air brake endorsement.

Licence restrictions

Want to learn about your licence restrictions? Find out how your restriction may be removed, reconsidered, or appealed.