Book a road test
Ready to take your road test? Book your appointment and pay your
testing fee when you arrive.
Road tests and COVID-19
You can book an appointment for all road tests. New appointment times are regularly added to our system because of cancellations, so please check back often. Standby appointments are once again available at select locations.
Masks are mandatory when taking a road test.
Book your passenger vehicle or motorcycle road test
You can book, reschedule or cancel your Class 5, 6, 7, 8 road test appointment or Motorcycle Skills test online. If you're exchanging
your licence from a non-reciprocal country and have not yet been issued an interim driver's licence, contact our
driver licensing information line to book your road test.
If you have to cancel, please give us 48 hours’ notice, otherwise there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you need to change your appointment
from outside Canada or the United States, please call our driver licensing information line to cancel or reschedule.
For passenger vehicle (cars) and motorcycle testing, the earliest date you can take the test is listed on your licence. Try to book well in advance, as our offices can get busy especially during spring and summer.
As people cancel or reschedule, new appointments on earlier dates may become available. Please note that calling to book or reschedule an appointment will not result in different available times than booking online.
Motorcycle road or skills tests are only available at certain locations.
If you have outstanding debt with us, it could affect your licence renewal or upgrade. Before you book an appointment, please call Account Services (604-661-2723 or 1-800-665-6442).
If this online service doesn't meet your accessibility needs, please
contact us and we can help you. If English is not your first language and you'd like to access services in another language, try our
Book your commercial vehicle road test
To book or change your commercial road test (Class 1, 2, 3, 4), please
call our driver licensing information line. These road tests cannot be booked or updated online.
For your privacy, only you can book or change road test appointments. Please have your driver licence number or plate number ready when you call.
Book your medical re-exam
To book or change your medical re-exam road test, please call our driver licensing information line. These appointments cannot be booked or updated online.
Standby road tests
We're once again offering standby road tests at some ICBC locations, Monday–Friday.
Standby road tests are only available if other customers cancel or don't show up for their appointments, so we can't guarantee that spots will always be available. However, we'll try our best to accommodate you.
Want to try standing by for a road test? Here's how it works:
- Find an ICBC location that offers the type of road test you need on standby from the lists below.
- Some locations only offer road tests for class 5 and 7 licences, so make sure you find the right location for your desired licence class.
weekdays except Wednesdays, arrive at the location between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. and line up in the designated area. On
Wednesdays, arrive between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- You and the vehicle you're driving for your road test must both be at the location. You cannot ask someone else to hold your spot for you.
- If any standby appointments are available, you and other customers in line will be randomly selected for the number of available spots.
- Standby road tests are given in order of selection. So, if you're the first customer selected, you'll receive your road test right away. Once the standby order is determined, some customers will be asked to stay at the location and others will be contacted to return later in the day (no later than 3:30 p.m.). Since standby availability varies from day to day, we may be unable to accommodate everyone.
- We'll phone you when it's time to head back for your road test and you'll have at least 45 minutes to return to the ICBC location and check in for your road test.
- If you're not able to return for a road test that day, that's OK! Declining a spot doesn't affect your ability to get future standby road tests or appointment bookings.
ICBC locations offering standby road tests (most licence classes, including class 5 and 7)
Class 5 and 7 road tests are offered at all locations in the list below.
Due to location limitations, not all locations offer road tests for other licence classes. Find your nearest driver licensing office for information on the road tests offered at that location.
- Abbotsford, 150-31935 South Fraser Way
- Burnaby, 3880 Lougheed Highway
- Chilliwack, 46052 Chilliwack Central Road
- Kamloops, 937 Concordia Way
- Kelowna, 1720 Springfield Road
- Langley, 19950 Willowbrook Drive, Unit J7
- Nanaimo, 102-6475 Metral Drive
- North Vancouver, 1331 Marine Drive
- Port Coquitlam, 1930 Oxford Connector
- Prince George, 4001 15th Avenue
- Richmond, 402-5300 No. 3 Road
- Surrey, 13426 78 Avenue
- Vancouver, 4126 Macdonald Street
- Victoria, 1-1150 McKenzie Avenue
ICBC locations offering standby road tests for class 5 and 7 licences only
- Burnaby, 4399 Wayburne Drive
- Langley, 6000 Production Way
- Richmond, 7200 Elmbridge Way
- Surrey (Guildford), 10262 152A Street
- Surrey (Newton), 13665 68 Avenue
- Vancouver, 999 Kingsway
If you fail a road test
You can take a retest after the applicable waiting period.
For passenger vehicles and motorcycles, the waiting period is:
14 days after your first test
30 days after your second test
60 days after your third and subsequent tests
For a commercial road retest, it's:
14 days after your first test
30 days after your second and subsequent tests
For a commercial pre-trip inspection test or air brake test, it's:
7 days after your first and subsequent tests