Improvements to Collector Vehicle Application process
July 20, 2023
We've streamlined the Collector Vehicle Application process to make it easier to include family members for estate planning purposes.
New improvements to the Collector Vehicle Application process include:
- Collector vehicle owners are now able to add related individuals* as co-owners to support estate planning.
- Multiple related individuals are able to register as co-owners.
- Requirement to submit photos** or list non-stock parts installed on a vehicle have been waived.
- Co-owner Request Form has been reduced from four to two pages.
These improvements to the Collector Vehicle Application process will significantly improve and simplify estate planning for surviving spouses and related individuals when it comes to transferring ownership of a collector vehicle.
Collector Vehicle Application criteria
- Only the individual who originally applied for the collector program will be able to add related individuals as co-registrants.
- One form is required per related individual.
- The application will include applicant declarations stating the vehicle remains in a collectible condition, and the current and new registrant understands and agrees to the terms of the licence and insurance.
- A new plate is still required under our new process. Existing number plates, including collector number plates, can only be retained when the addition or transfer is to a surviving spouse.
To learn more about the changes to the Collector Vehicle Application process, check out Frequently Asked Questions.
More information on collector vehicle eligibility and submitting an application form is available here.
*Related individual means: (a) a person's spouse (legally married or living for a continuous period of at least 2 years with another person in a marriage-like relationship), child, grandchild, great-grandchild, parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, or sibling, or (b) the spouse of a person's child, grandchild or great grandchild, or (c) the child, parent, grandparent or great-grandparent of a person's spouse.
**Previously submitted photos of collector vehicle need to be an accurate representation of the current vehicle.