Find a Service Location

  • Print this page

​Your injury benefits

If you're injured in a crash, Enhanced Accident Benefits will help you with medical costs, wage loss and more – even if you're found responsible (at fault) for the crash.

Enhanced Accident Benefits provide access to all the medical and rehabilitation care you need. And, if you're unable to work due to an injury from a crash, you may have access to income replacement benefits.

These benefits are available to all British Columbians. Whether you're a driver, passenger, pedestrian or cyclist, you'll be covered if you're injured in a crash.

If your crash occurred prior to May 1, 2021

Enhanced Care came into effect on May 1, 2021. Crashes that happened before May 1 will follow the former system and the information on this page may not apply. If your crash occurred before May 1, 2021, contact your ICBC claims representative for more information.

After a crash

Your ICBC claim representative will explain the benefits that are available to you, but your doctor or medical practitioner will determine your care. ICBC staff will work with you, your doctor and your health care providers to help you access the services and recovery benefits you need for as long as you need them.

Medical care

Enhanced Accident Benefits provide access to the medical and rehabilitation care you need. This could include

  • treatments such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, and massage therapy
  • support and services such as occupational therapy, counselling, and dental care
  • medication and medical devices or equipment
  • travel and accommodation expenses when you need to travel for medical or rehabilitation appointments

Find out more about getting medical care after a crash.

ICBC may reimburse reasonable and necessary personal care expenses, such as home cleaning services, if you need assistance with the responsibilities of daily life. If you've been severely injured, ICBC may pay for reasonable and necessary changes to your home, such as a ramp, lift, or bathroom alterations.

Income replacement benefits

Under Enhanced Care, if you're injured in a crash and can't work, your Enhanced Accident Benefits will cover up to 90 per cent of your net income up to a maximum of $100,000 gross income. If your injuries are life-altering and prevent you from going back to work, you'll be supported with care and income replacement for as long as you need them. If you're receiving income replacement benefits and reach retirement age, a retirement income benefit will be available.

If you earn above the $100,000 benefit limit, y​ou can buy additional optional coverage to top up the amount of wage loss replacement provided.

If you're a minor injured in a crash and can't attend school, you may receive a loss of studies benefit for each school year you can't complete.

Quick links