Taking photos for your claim
After you report a claim to us, we may in some cases ask you to submit related photos. While not required to process your claim, submitting your photos can help us make a more accurate estimate and may shorten your wait time.
If your vehicle was damaged
In some cases, we may ask you to provide all available photos of your damaged vehicle and where the incident happened. We are specifically looking for photos of:
1. The vehicle identification number (VIN) on the dash or door tag.
2. The odometer after the incident.
3. The overall view of damaged areas related to your claim.
4. Close-ups of the damaged areas related to your claim.
5. All four corners of the vehicle, including the vehicle badge showing its model and trim.
6. The overall view inside the vehicle, including the dash.
7. The outside roof or sunroof.
8. The scene of the incident, such as where the damage happened and the vehicles involved. Please only take photos or videos if it’s safe to do so, and do not return to the scene of the incident if you have already left it.
If possible, park your vehicle in a well-lit area and on a level surface before taking photos. To supplement your photos, you can also submit any videos you have of your vehicle and the scene.
If your vehicle was stolen
When your vehicle has been stolen, we will ask you to provide any photos or videos you have of your vehicle from before it was stolen.
How to submit photos for your claim
You can submit photos and other supporting documents for your claim online. If you have issues, please contact your claims representative for further instructions.