Find a Service Location

Vandalism claims

Need to make a claim for vandalism to your car? Your insurance can help you deal with scratches, dents, slashed tires, graffiti or other damage caused by vandalism.

Am I covered?

Vandalism claims are covered if you have ICBC Comprehensive coverage.

Steps of your vandalism claim

Here's what to do and what to expect when you make your claim.

Step 1: Report to the local police

If the vandalism happened:

Be sure to write down the police file number. You'll need it when you report your claim to us.

Step 2: Report your claim online or by phone

Report your vandalism claim online or by calling Dial-a-Claim.

After you have reported your claim, our staff will direct you to an ICBC approved c.a.r. shop VALET facility for your repairs if applicable.

Step 3: Get an estimate of the damage

An estimator examines the damage to your vehicle, then writes up an estimate for the repairs needed. Find out more about Getting a damage estimate

Once a damage estimate has been completed, you may have your vehicle fixed at the repair shop of your choice. The process will vary depending on whether you select a c.a.r. shop VALET location or another repair shop.


If it is not economical to repair the vehicle, it may be deemed a write-off. You’ll receive a settlement amount for the vehicle’s market value. Find out more about write-offs.

Step 4: An adjuster is assigned to your claim

You will speak with an adjuster who will look after your claim and keep you updated.

Step 5: Pay your deductible

When the repairs are done, you will have to pay a deductible to the shop. The deductible is the amount you have to pay toward repairs before your insurance pays for the rest.

You may have to pay depreciation on some parts and/or labour that are subject to wear and tear. Talk to your estimator for details.