Service Alert
Rebate cheques will be sent to eligible customers starting March 15, 2021. Find out more.
Last updated Friday, Feb 26, 2021 02:06 PM


Find a Service Location

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Report a claim

Find out how to report a claim and what information you need to have beforehand. You can report a claim online or by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What you'll need to report a claim

Before you report a claim, you'll need to gather the following information:

  • The licence plate number of each vehicle involved
  • Driver’s licence number of e​​ach driver involved in the crash
  • Insurance information for vehicles not insured by ICBC

This additional information may help us process your claim faster:

Claim for vehicle damage

How you claim for vehicle damage depends on how you were involved in the incident.

You can report vehicle damage online if you are a:

  • ​Registered owner or lessee of a personal vehicle, or
  • Principal driver of a personal vehicle​
​When reporting the claim online, please enter your licence plate number for the vehicle involved in the claim.



​​​​For all other claims, please call us.


Claim for glass damage

If only one piece of glass is damaged and you have no other related vehicle damage, then go directly to an ICBC Glass Repair Network facility.

For all other glass claims, you’ll need to call ICBC at the numbers listed above.​ Find out more about glass and windshield claims.


Make a witness report

You can file an online report if you've witnessed:

  • A crash
  • A hit and run
  • Vandalism, theft or fire

​Frequently asked questions