Report a claim
Find out how to report a claim for vehicle damage or emergency roadside expenses, repair glass damage or make a witness report. You can report a claim online or by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We're currently experiencing some issues and delays in processing claims and our response times may take longer than usual. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.
What you'll need before you report a claim
- The licence plate number of each vehicle involved
- The driver’s licence number of each driver involved
- Insurance information for any vehicles not insured by ICBC
The following information may help us process your claim faster:
- The name and address of your preferred or nearest repair facility if the vehicle is not driveable.
- Police file number (if applicable)
When to report a claim online
You can report vehicle damage or emergency roadside expenses online if you are a:
- Registered owner or lessee of a personal vehicle
- Principal driver of a personal vehicle
When reporting your claim online, please enter the licence plate for the vehicle involved.
When to report a claim by phone
For all other claims
not involving your personal vehicle,
please call us. For example, if you are:
- A passenger, pedestrian or cyclist
- An owner or lessee of a commercial vehicle
- Reporting property damage
If only one piece of glass is damaged (and there is no other vehicle damage), you can go directly to an ICBC Glass Repair Network facility.
Repairing glass damage
For all other glass claims, call us at one of the numbers above.
Making a witness report
You can submit a witness report online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, if you've witnessed:
- A crash
- A hit and run
- Vandalism or theft
Already reported a claim online?
You can check the details of your claim or submit claim-related documents, such as photos, receipts and forms requested by your claim representative.